Why Guest Post?
We are very excited to be open for guest posts here at studio 8T4, and there are many benefits of contributing! Guest posting will help you find your voice and establish yourself as an industry expert within your chosen creative field. Build your influence and develop authority with your readers. All guest posts are credited to the author and will contain a link back to their own website. Guest posting will allow you to reach a larger audience and increase your online exposure - not to mention it's also a great way to fine tune your writing skills! Let's get down to the nitty gritty...
Initially include a brief pitch for consideration;
- A few sentences outlining your concept and a relevant title.
- A brief indication of how or why you are qualified to write about it.
- We will respond regarding whether or not your content is considered suitable.
If confirmed suitable, please supply;
- The completed article typed within a single email or word doc. We will respond within a week to let you know if it has been successfully accepted for publication on studio 8T4.
- Include quality photographs, taken yourself or sourced honorably with the correct licence.
- A short author bio (1-2 sentences) and a profile image.
- Your website address and job title.
- Your article must not have been previously published, or be simultaneously pending approval elsewhere at the time of submission.
- We reserve the right to edit the article at our discretion, for readability and Search Engine Optimisation.
- Web articles are best written in sections. Short paragraphs and sub-headings make easy reading. Write in in your own voice, so our readers feel a personal connection to you.
- If your initial pitch or final article is not accepted by studio 8T4 please do not be offended. Feel free to then submit elsewhere for consideration.
General acceptable post idea's;
- Art, design, photography etc related product reviews.
- Tutorials and How To's.
- A useful creative technique or process.
- Advice for achieving success as a creative.
- Motivational or encouraging posts.
- Advice on freelancing or career advancement.
- Advice on promoting or marketing yourself as a creative.
- Building collectors, exhibiting and selling your work.
- Art, design, photography etc history, theory or therapy.
- Document your creative process or a day in your studio.
Considered inappropriate & unacceptable;
- Posts whereas the main content has the agenda of purely advertising yourself or your business.
- Posts that encourage creatives to work in competition with each other, without the guarantee of receiving payment for their work.
- Posts that have content considered illegal, offensive or discriminatory.
- Posts not considered beneficial to creative persons or relevant to creative industries.
- Posts containing poorly researched or written content.
- Posts containing poorly taken or stolen images.
- Posts considered spam-like in nature.
I’m Keen – Let’s Go!
To get started, simply head to our Contact Page and send through your initial concept for a guest post - we look forward to hearing all your creative ideas!
She resides in her hometown of Geraldton, Western Australia with her partner, two dogs, two cats and carnivorous plant collection.
Latest posts by Rachel Weaver (see all)
- Guest Post for studio 8T4 - June 11, 2018
- The WoW Fest Great White Shark - April 23, 2018
- Dr. Ph. Martin’s Bombay Set 2 Review & Colour Swatching - April 15, 2018