A child of the 80s, Rachel began her upbringing in the tiny mining towns of Cue and Leinster where isolation provided ample room for a rapidly growing imagination. She still feels most at home in the middle of nowhere with nothing but the ideas storming inside her mind. Her creative journey first started after holding that very first pencil with her left hand to draw. Over the years it has been so seldom put down she sports a permanent dent in her middle finger.
A passion for learning and the experimentation of media has led her to become a multidisciplinary artist with a focus on illustration, design, art and photography. Inspired by things that go bump in the night, Rachel's work often blurs the lines between horror, fantasy and reality. She loves to bring unique creatures and quirky characters to life, with a generous touch of personality and humour.
Fascinated by falling light and what might lurk in the shadows, Rachel loves shooting eerie and abandoned locations full of rust, grime and mystery. This love of black and white contrast and dark moody tones carry throughout her body of work, often combined with an emphasis on detailed mark marking.
Rachel Weaver resides in the coastal town of Geraldton with her partner, two dogs, two cats and carnivorous plant collection.
- 2018 Petite Pieces | Aspire Gallery, Queensland
- 2017 Hard Pressed - Steam Roller Prints | Old Boy's School, Fremantle.
- 2017 Hard Pressed - Steam Roller Prints | The Cannery Arts Centre, Esperance.
- 2017 Hard Pressed - Steam Roller Prints | ACDC Gallery, Geraldton.
- 2016 ArtDrive Midwest | Public Artworks, installed in Walkaway.
- 2015 Baker Williamson Art Prize | Baker Williamson Studios, Geraldton
- 2013 SKA (Square Kilometre Array) Seeing Stars Art Prize | Yarra Gallery, Melbourne
- 2013 Midwest Art Prize | Geraldton Regional Art Gallery, Geraldton.
- 2010 Monster Mash - Solo Exhibition | ACDC Gallery, Geraldton.